"My Offering"

This Sunday evening I went to church and prayed to Jesus that I want to feel his presences more in my life. After some time the offering time has come and offering box were coming towards me meanwhile Grace came running to me asking for money to put in the mite box. So willingly and unwillingly I took my wallet hided it from others sight (because I had only Rs. 40/- in my wallet so I don’t want anybody to know that I don’t have any money than that)  and half opened I took Rs.10 and gave to Grace to put in the mite box. Within next second the mite box came before my face so with hurry I put my hand and took the other Rs,30/- and hide that money with booth of my palm, and for a second I closed my eyes prayed, than booth my palm completely closed without any gap I stretched out my hand and put that money in the mite box. Truly I never felt so shay to take out my wallet, because most of the time I had enough of money in my wallet and proudly I used to take out and put in the mite box with (some time) others notice also, but today was a different experience, even the prayer that I prayed only for second it had more wait and intimacy towards God, then other times. I remembered this wonderful act of old women in the bible,
 Widow’s Offering
 41 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.

 43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”( Mark 12:41-44)


1.       So today I really experienced the meaning having less in life.
2.       Having small and giving that small to God, which has more value in the sight of God.
3.       God blesses us when we give everything in his hand.  

Comments

Popular Posts