What is Easter?


Today being Easter Sunday I went to the market to buy chicken, while I was there watching the people who comes to buy I started questioning myself is Easter means having big parties and eating best food? Or does it have another meaning? Yes according to me day by day, year by year the real meaning of Easter becoming smaller and smaller. Because neither in the midnight or in the morning did we go to mass. But in the morning in the name of Easter I bought chicken for Rs. 150/- and other things Rs.150/- we had nice lunch with stomach full but my Soul empty.
In the evening I was feeling so down, so I wanted to go to Church. After my prayer I came out of the church were 6 old people were sitting outside the gate Like (Lazarus in the Bible) begging. So I took my valet and gave them Rs. 10/- to one of them and said to divide.  As I moved little away from them a thought came to my mind saying “You spent Rs.300/- for one single meals” but for this poor people being special day only Rs. 1.50 paise? Then again I went back to them and gave them each Rs. 5/- . Yes for us we don’t calculate, but for others we do because they are others. But for “God we all are HIS Children”.  Amen!

Comments

Popular Posts